Monday, January 05, 2009

Last post from America!

So I've been informed by one of our blog readers (one of the few I'm sure!) that she was under the impression that we were still in Europe. No wonder she thought that since I'm still posting about Europe! But alas that is not the case. I'm just slow at blogging, that's all. But I suppose it's time to move on from Europe since the next big adventure starts tomorrow.

But first...here are the recent highlights of Peek life: (pictures to come)

* Becky ran a marathon on New Years Day! Hooray! I finished in 4:08 and had a lot of fun. I think I had the largest support crown there of any other runner: 10 people, 2 kids, and 1 barking weenie dog! What a fun day!

* Becky has short hair! Hooray! I donated my hair again. It wasn't quite long enough to do Locks of Love this time so I chose to give it to Pantene Pro-V's Beautiful Lengths campaign. They only require 8 inches instead of 10. It sure is short!

* Kevin is a Wii champion! Hooray! He's playing Mario Galaxy as I type, and he's pretty darn good at it. Always a kid at heart I suppose.

* Our three year wedding anniversay is coming up on Wednesday! Hooray!

But the biggest news of all is that we leave bright & early in the morning. We are leaving for the airport at 5:30 AM and will arrive on Tuesday evening. Don't even ask how many hours of travel that is. I haven't brought myself to do that math!

Well, our next post will be from the other side of the world! Until then, love to you all!

8 comments:

Cindy Martin said...

We are thinking of you guys so much! Take care of each other and know that we are excited about what lies ahead! - Cindy

Angela said...

Oh Beck! Your dictionary word of the day today is zealous- perfect! What an exciting adventure y'all are embarking on! We are delighted to be a part of your journey in any possible way we are able!!!!

Love ya!

Erin said...

I guess you are probably in the air as I type.
Praying for you, dear friends.

Jamie Butts said...

I've been praying for you! I tried to call your number a few days ago and it beeped that sad beep that it is no longer your number. But have no fear! We will find a way to Skype you and send snail mail, too, but most of all, we will remember and pray for you. I love you guys so much. May His joy be yours in the coming transition!

MichelleWebb said...

Hey Becky,
I'm so excited y'all are finally coming! Actually we came back to the states over Christmas for vacation and we get on the plane Tuesday at 6am to head back. We are so looking forward to seeing you in February! Is the date night offer still good? :) No really, we just want some good Peek time.

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

Are you there, yet? I keeping checking back for pictures of you smiling from across the world. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Okay, so I think that you are there but I don't think that I'm on your email list because everyone else seems to have already know you were there. Anyway... terra.mynhier@gmail.com is the email address that I use so if you add your dear sis' I'd love it :) I'm sure you have an old non-functioning one. Sorry I missed the big marathon but I did so well with my first goodbye that I wanted you to remember me that way and not a big boo-hooing mess (which is ok too). I hope that you are able to get out amongst the people soon and show them the Peeks that I have grown to know and love!!

Terra