Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Thankful Day

I think living overseas, if you let it, can make you a more thankful person. The things I once took for granted or even considered my "rights" in America are not so easily come by here. We ex-pats can either become bitter & cynical or thankful for the realization that any good thing we have really is a blessing. So here is my thankful list for today:

1) the sky is blue!!
2) there is water in my pipes!!
3) I got to take a shower this morning!!

The list could go on but it's study time now...

Happy Thankful Day to you!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Yay for showers!! :)

Susan said...

I second the yay for showers. Don't realize how important they are until you can't have one. I'm glad your water is back on.

ma

Shannon said...

I'm happy for you that the water's back on... but I've seen a pic of your shower.... I'd rather just stand outside in the rain (with my clothes on)