Monday, November 19, 2007

In-Laws

I'm pretty sure I have the best in-laws of all time. Who even knew I would inherit such fun friends when I married my best friend? First of all, you've got this dynamic duo (well, maybe not really a duo...what do you call it when a duo gets married?):

How could it not be a blast being married to twins? Plus, for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Sarah, she & I are quite similar in mannerism & appearance. In-laws are an interesting thing though. No matter what, you're friends for life. They'll never go away. That's kind of a lot of pressure! So I'm quite thankful that my in-laws are all quite pleasant & enjoyable.

I was reminded of this all over again when we had the whirlwind of family pass through Kentucky last week. Sister Shannon got to enjoy Louisville in all its autumnal bliss a few weekends ago.

We took Shannon to Churchill Downs to watch the horses run the fall meets. I've actually learned quite a bit about horse racing from my partner at work, so I don't make a half-bad tour guide at the track. We had a lot of fun, and I even won a bet! Since we were there with Chris & Kevin, how could I not have bet on a horse named Twin Talk? Granted, my total profit was -$.20 but I'd say that's a fair price for a thrill.

We treated all present Peeks and past Peeks (Chris, Sarah, Shannon, Kev & myself that is) to a scrumptuous dinner at the Melting Pot. Kevin still works there, and I have to admit that the food is growing on me. That's a lot to say coming from a girl who doesn't particularly care for cheese or chocolate!

But the fun didn't stop there! The day after Shannon left, dear ol' mother-in-law flew into town. Since she was here during the week, Sarah & I didn't get to spend as much time with her as the boys. But our evenings were so full and so fun.

Thank you Anne & Shannon for taking the time to come visit us! We loved having you and would welcome you back in a second!

2 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

E-mail me the 1st pic, please. I'd love a copy for a frame for our shelf or wall. :)
Great post, sweet Beck!

Unknown said...

That was a very nice post Miss Becky! They told me they had a great time. Hopefully I can get up there soon...I hate that I missed this go round. The timing was just bad with the job switch and everything. I think that I might be more of a summer Ky girl, anyway :) Miss you and can't wait till' you get here for Christmas!