Tuesday, June 09, 2009

99.9% Sure

It's getting hot these days. Summer is here. Temperatures are rising. Women are busting out their sun umbrellas to keep their skin for becoming "black." The grandmothers are no longer asking me after my morning runs if I'm cold because I wore shorts.

Summer heat means one thing: it's air conditioner time. It's pretty impressive I think that we made it until June to turn on the AC. You can't do that in Texas for sure.

So on the day of AC's maiden voyage, I coincidentally had a stomach ache. I told Gigi about it and this was her prompt diagnosis:

1) You're pregnant.

2) You must have gotten sick from the air conditioner.

I'm 99.9% that neither of those were the cause of my stomach ache.





And I'm 99.9% sure that that is not Ben Franklin.





(Come on. Someone...anyone...please tell me you caught "The Office" allusion. Beth? Lee? Jenn? Anyone? Don't leave me hanging!)

7 comments:

Beth said...

I laughed out loud!

I am 99.9% sure you are not the real Ben Franklin either.

Here's a random quote from the same episode to make you smile.

"Yesterday I was scraping some gunk off my wall sockets with a metal fork, and gave myself the nastiest shock. And when I came to, I had an epiphery. Life is precious. And if I die, I want my son to know the dealio - the dealio of life."

Miss you a lot.

Anonymous said...

I sure am glad you explained the reference because I didn't get it. Love you anyway, mama

Wilson said...

1. My wife never ceases to amaze me. Awesome quote babe.

2. My money says that you are pregnant with Ben Franklin and he got so excited about the discovery of "air conditioning" that it caused a tummy ache.

Just saying.

The Young Family said...

Don't watch that stupid show!!! ARGH!!! Hope you feel better.

Sally said...

I knew what you were talking about just by the title of the blog.

I win!

Love and miss you! Sal

Shannon said...

I'm going to have to scrounge up that episode of the office after yoga... I really don't remember that one... and I think I've seen them all!

Amber said...

You're making me miss you. Stop it.