Thursday, January 07, 2010

4 Years Later...

4 years later and I'm still this happy...



Today is our four year wedding anniversary. I love my husband. He is my best friend and the most patient man I know. He somehow refrains from laughing at me when I have melt downs in the kitchen and begin cursing Martha Stewart and during an argument make examples of parents not sending their kids to space camp and feel confident that this is proving my point. He is appreciative for every meal I make him. He brought home a puppy for me when I was sad and still lets me thank him for it every day. He realizes his personality isn't very spontaneous nor adventurous so he lets me talk him into going backpacking in Europe and maybe someday to Australia or Indonesia. He desires to be a father as much as I desire to be a mother. He is one of the most generous and hard-working individuals I've ever met. He loves, loves, loves God and seeks to honor Jesus with every aspect of his life.

Since our third anniversary was more or less eclipsed by jet lag, we're actually going to celebrate this weekend! They just build a really nice Sheraton hotel here in town, so we're taking the day off from teaching so we can go spend Saturday night there. They have carpet! And English TV channels! (OK so I'm pretty easy to please these days...) We have some marriage questions we go through every year to always be vigilant about finding ways we can better love & respect each other, so we'll be taking some time to do that this weekend too.

Thankful for marriage. Thankful for Kevin...

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Congratulations on four years of marriage! I actually thought about you guys when I wrote the date in my journal this morning. :)

I hope you have a wonderful and Spirit-filled time celebrating God's faithfulness to you!

The Foster Family said...

Yay! So happy for you!

The Young Family said...

Happy anniversary guys! Love you and miss you, Robyn

Carrie said...

I.love.this.picture! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. Happy Anniversary!

becky marshall said...

Can't believe it's already been four years! We had so much fun at your reception-- we still talk about it! Hope your 5th year is quintupley blessed (just made up that word, but it should really means blessed five times over...but not with quintuplets...)