Monday, April 22, 2013

Dream Beach


You can't have a beach vacation without...well, the beach.  Let me just say that this is probably the most kid-friendly beach I've ever been to.  That doesn't really say a lot since this is only the second beach I've visited during my not-so-long tenure as a parent.  Nevertheless, there was zero undertow and the kids could walk into the ocean 30-40 feet before it got deep.  A parent's dream beach really.  

A place where you can wrestle with daddy long enough to melt away the cheesy toddler grin that frequents so many of my pictures...


Where a baby can eat as much sand, shovels, and shells as he can get away with...




Where a mama can happily wear her $3 Louis Vuitton sunglasses... 
("They're real!" the Thai seller at the night market promised.  "A real copy!")


Where a baby can learn firsthand the joy of cheap sunglasses and the nonjoy of sunburns... 
(hey, you can't blame me!  I've never had a white kid before!)


Where little boys can unleash their inner fish...


Where diapers are so full of ocean water that swim suits can't even stay up...
And two year olds remind you for days that he no like the boat be loud...


Where daddies bond with their sons...


Where fledgling marine biologists chase after crabs and comment on how beautiful they are...


Where two little men learn that they have more in common than the last 5 letters of their name...


There's really not much else to say except that we had a beachin' good time.

2 comments:

Brandon and April said...

I love that I'm friends with someone that says "beachin."
You rock. And it looks like so did your beach vacay!

Donna Parsley said...

I can see your kids completely enjoyed the vacay! It's pretty obvious especially on the last photo. Cute! ^.^ The 30-40 feet stretch that they walked into the water is already a big thing for little ones, and for the big ones for sure! You get to enjoy as much as they do without the hassle of carrying them with you at all times. I hope I can find a kid-friendly beach here near home. :)