Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Slumber Party of Monumental Proportions

Since all of us expats are so far away from our families back in the states, we take our roles as "aunt" and "uncle" to the kids very seriously. Kev & I have had a play room in our apartment for almost as long as we've lived here (too bad for the kids though that the boys will take over the play room as their bedroom in not too long!). Last Saturday, to give the mamas & papas a night to themselves and to give the kiddos a rip-roarin' good time, we invited our 6 little peng yous over for a slumber party.

Stories were read...


Beans was played with...


Macaroni & cheese was made...
(the legit stuff from America even! Though I'm not sure how "legit" I'd call cheese in powder form.)


Macaroni & cheese was happily eaten...
(after all, even Batman needs sustenance)


Jello molds, lovingly made by a mom with more prowess in the kitchen that I, were destroyed during transit in the cab...


But there's always room for jello, even if it fell apart...


Fun was had...


"Hook" was watched and the bad guy pirates were loathed. Favorite quote of the evening: "I'm glad I'm a Christian and not a pirate. I don't want to wear a pirate costume. I don't even want to wear a pirate hat!"

Laughs were laughed, memories made, and sleeping actually took place. Kevin & I genuinely enjoyed the time with the little ones and are looking forward to pulling off this stunt again.


2 comments:

Chris & Sarah Peek said...

So fun! I'm glad you guys decided to stick around for the mad-awesome slumber party. Can't wait until your two are added to the mix. Can you imagine 8 wee people in your apartment?!

Susan/Mama said...

Sounds like fun was had by all including the hosts. Looked like an interesting jello mold, too bad it got destroyed in the cab. I'll bet it was very pretty before it was broken.