Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A: All Aboard to Tejas



Merry Christmas from Apartment 422!

(Belated of course!)

As usual, we traveled the great divide between Kentucky & Texas to spend the holidays with our families. This year was great because we had roadtrip companions in Chris & Sarah. More drivers=more sleeping time! That was especially helpful for me since 1) I stink at driving at night and 2) we left at 5 PM right after I got off work and drove through the night. But we made it safe and sound. We dropped Chris & Sarah off in Denton with Kev's parents and headed down to Austin to see my family.


We spent a few days with my family in Austin. Mark & Valerie flew down from New York but we didn't get to connect very long because our schedules didn't mesh very well. Just long enough for lunch though! (Aren't we so cute in our matching red!?!)


We got to spend some time with some friends as well that I've known & loved since high school. Fun times!



Then we went back up to Dallas to spend Christmas with Kevin's family. This was my very first Christmas not to wake up at my sweet Granny's house in Houston. The first of many I'm sure but neverthless it was quite a shift for me. What made it easier is that Kevin really does have such an amazing family, and I love spending time with them. I almost felt like I was cheating to get to spend Christmas with my best friends in Louisville (Chris & Sarah). We saw Kevin's sister Robyn's big ol' prenant belly (Landry came about a week later--we just missed her grand debut!) and played nerf gun war with the nephews--until Kevin shot me in the eye. Not the best way to love your wife but oh well.

Then back home to real life (and real cold!)

1 comment:

Matt and Terra said...

Having the four of you hear from Ky really put the Merry in Christmas. We enjoyed the time we had with you. I can't wait to see you in August! By the way, my word verification I have to enter for this post is "howpy". It's almost like the blog is trying to make them coincide with your posts. Although, the last one was wjkrwum and I don't know what that has to do with breadmaking!