Tuesday, July 15, 2008

G: Guitar Playing Fool

When you’re a kid, learning new stuff is easy. Plus kids have no choice but to give themselves a lot of grace in learning because there’s just so much they’re learning to do at one time. Tie your shoes, ride a bike, eat with a fork…the world is just full of unknown skills! But for an adult, the tables are turned. We’re used to efficiency and competency.

For years, my dear husband has wanted to learn to play the guitar. He finally took the plunge when the whole family (my parents & his) chipped in to buy Kevin a guitar for Christmas. This picture is the “third” that my parents purchased.











He took lessons last semester and has been plugging away ever since. It’s not been easy to acquire this new skill (especially since Kev’s singing voice is somewhat lacking) but he’s persevering. I’m so proud of him! He’s actually strumming away right now as I type. We’re planning to go on tour shortly to debut Kev’s mad skills, but until then, I'll leave you with this picture of my rockin' musician. Who knows…maybe one day it will be worth millions!

1 comment:

Matt and Terra said...

Hey Kevi...remember when you, me, and Chris did karaoke on my computer in my room? Good times. I hope that you have learned to play California Dreaming (All the leaves are brown) or Take a look at me now. That would make your dear sister very happy.