Monday, December 12, 2011

Makapuu Lighthouse

My parents, brother, and sister-in-law arrived in Honolulu about 10 days into our trip.  Most of the steps of the boys' citizenship process had already been completed, so we were free to play, play, play as we waited for their expedited US passports to be processed.

We celebrated Christmas a little early with the gifts my family brought.  My parents had found Hawaii outfits for the boys when they were in Maui, so Micah rocked out surfboards and Sam hibiscus blossoms for the next week.  My brother & sis-in-law had two amazing, hand-made quilts made for the boys.  The fabric used for the backing actually came from a women's relief organization in Mali.  Such a thoughtful & beautiful gift that I haven't had the heart to let the boys sleep with them and inevitably pee on them.



But as immaculate as the quilts were, the boxes and wrapping paper still trumped as most fun.  


Our first family outing was a hike up to the Makapuu lighthouse.  My dad is a haas and carried Micah in the Ergo during part of the hike (the uphill part, I'd like to add!) so that pregnant me didn't have to.  What a dad!


Once we reached the top, the view certainly didn't disappoint.









Then we set off back down again.  Apparently, there was a spectacular sunset, but my mom & I were too busy gabbing to notice!


Next on the agenda o' fun, the Peek/Corbin clan attempts to visit the North Shore.

3 comments:

Susan/Mama/G-mom said...

As always, love the picture. Your dad has some great sunset pictures, so I did get to see it, sort of.

Chris & Sarah Peek said...

Such fantastic views and a beautiful quilt! Can't wait to hug my nephews.

The Eaks said...

The quilts are A-Mazing! Love all the pics and stories! Love you guys!
Carey