Thursday, August 14, 2008

T: Tejas Trip

Today’s blog is brought to you by the letter T and brings us up through the beginning of April. My dear, dear friend Ashley Marshall wedded Mr. Nick Absalom (and inherited the coolest last name, in my opinion) at the beginning of April, and she asked me if I would stand beside her as a bridesmaid. Since she had given me the pleasure of being my maid of honor, what was I to say? The wedding was the perfect blend of worship & fun. The ceremony was God-centered, Scripture-saturated, and Christ-exalting. And man oh man was the reception fun! I got to see a few old friends from college there, and we feasted and danced and laughed and celebrated. I think that we were able to celebrate so well at the reception because we had worshipped so well at the ceremony. And I think the worship was so full because our celebration was so full. This is but a glimpse of what it will be like when Christ returns for the church, his bride! We will worship & celebrate abundantly, and that will be a good day!

Call me crazy but my short time frame gave me no choice! The reception ended a little bit before midnight and I made the three-hour drive to Austin. I wanted to visit my parents and my baby-booming friends. My friends Sally & Justin Lopez had just welcomed their first little one, Annabel, and my friends Amber & Logan Gentry were pregnant with their second son. So I got to hang out with my friends’ babies, which is always a bit surreal. But I guess that’s just what you do in your mid-twenties, right? After a quick lunch with my parents, I drove back to Dallas to catch my evening flight. Lots of people to see, lots of things to do so how could my trip have been any different?

1 comment:

Jamie Butts said...

I remember you telling me about your crazy quick trip. You are a good and faithful friend! And, so... I miss you! Already! I think of you when I run and plenty of other times as well. Have fun on the rest of your adventures for this year. It could take a decade to recount them all, but you should try. I love your blogs!
How was the visit with Mike and Bennetta and kiddos?